This Volunteers’ Week (1 – 7 June), NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) acknowledges the fantastic contribution volunteers have made to the improvements and developments of health and care services in Leeds over recent years.
NHS Leeds CCG is now inviting applications from people across Leeds, who would like to work alongside the CCG through the CCG Volunteers programme.
Philomena Corrigan, Chief Executive at NHS Leeds CCG, said: “Volunteers’ Week is a great way to celebrate the work of volunteers. By becoming a volunteer you’ll be using your skills, talent and time to help other people in your community.
“Our volunteers programme is a great role for those looking to support their NHS as you’ll be actively involved in the way we plan and fund services for people in Leeds.”
Applicants will benefit from:
- An opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- An opportunity to develop your confidence and your CV
- An opportunity to meet new people
- An opportunity to learn about and shape your local health services
- Experience of working alongside health and wellbeing professionals
The CCG are looking for people who have:
- An objective and inclusive approach which recognises and embraces diversity.
- A passion for improving health and wellbeing services for diverse communities.
- Good listening skills.
- An empathic approach – an ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
The role does not require any formal training or experience, just a commitment to promoting engagement at a time that is suitable for you. As an NHS Leeds CCG volunteer you will receive regular support and mentoring to help you in your role.
Applicants must live in Leeds and be age 18+. For a full role description, and online application form visit: https://www.leedsccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/how/ccg-volunteer/
Closing date for this round of applications is Wednesday 13 June at 1pm. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 8435470.
For further information on Volunteers’ Week, please visit http://volunteersweek.org/
For media enquiries please contact:
Issued by the communications team at NHS Leeds CCG. You can contact the team on 0113 84 35528 or 0113 84 35470. Alternatively please email us: email@example.com