The NHS in Leeds and Leeds City Council, working alongside local voluntary and community organisations, are encouraging people to have their Covid vaccine at the vaccination minibus.
The minibus will be revisiting the 10 different areas it has already been to across Leeds to give people their second vaccinations. Anyone in an eligible group who has not had their first dose is also encouraged to visit the minibus when it comes to their area.
On each of the 10 weeks, healthcare professionals will be joined by people from local community organisations and volunteers to encourage people to have their vaccination.
Jack Rutter (pictured left), Clinical Lead for the Leeds vaccination minibus, said; “We’re revisiting all the 10 areas we’ve covered over the past few weeks so that people who had their first dose with us can now have their second. If you’ve not had your first dose and are eligible, you can get vaccinated when we’re in the area.
“We’ve had a really good response from all the local communities we’ve visited over the past few weeks, and lots of people who have had the vaccine told us that they wouldn’t have had it if the minibus hadn’t been here.
“We know there’s a lot of misinformation on social platforms about the vaccine, but we want people to come and talk to us, so that they’re getting trusted and reliable information. Healthcare professionals and people from local voluntary and community organisations will be on hand so that people can come and find out more for themselves, especially if they have concerns on the vaccine.
“Having both doses of the vaccine is our best hope for returning to normal life. It will not only protect you but also your families and your communities from COVID-19.”
Sam Prince, Executive Director of Operations for the Leeds Covid Vaccination Programme, said; “As part of the team Leeds approach we’ve always said we want to make it as easy as possible for people to get their vaccinations, and having the vaccination minibus is one of the ways we’re doing this by going out into the community.
“It’s really important that people have both doses of the vaccine to get the most protection against Covid, including the new variants, so I’d encourage anyone who had their first dose on the bus to get on board for their second. And if you haven’t been vaccinated at all yet, you’ll also be able to get your first dose on the bus.
“Following updated advice from the government and Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), people aged 50 and over and the clinically vulnerable are having their second doses brought forward to provide the strongest possible protection from the virus at an earlier opportunity so the NHS will let you know if you need to rebook.”
The 10 areas that the vaccination minibus will be visiting over the coming weeks:
- Maud Avenue (next to Hamara Healthy Living Centre), Leeds LS11 7DN: Tuesday 1 June to Friday 4 June from 10am to 3pm
- Cromwell Mount (next to Burmantofts Health Centre), Leeds, LS9 7TA: Tuesday 8 June to Friday 11 June from 10am to 3pm
- Nowell Mount Community Centre, Nowell Mount, Harehills, Leeds, LS9 6HR: Tuesday 15 June to Friday 18 June from 10am to 3pm
- The BAME Health & Wellbeing Hub (formerly known as the Fredrick Hurdle Centre), Reginald Terrace, Leeds, LS7 3EZ: Tuesday 22 June to Friday 25 June from 10am to 3pm
- Meynell Approach (next St Matthew’s Community Centre), Holbeck, Leeds, LS11 9PZ: Tuesday 29 June to Friday 2 July from 10am to 3pm
- South Seacroft One Stop Centre, Moresdale Lane, Leeds, LS14 6GG: Tuesday 6 July to Friday 9 July from 10am to 3pm
- Oatland Green Car Park (adjacent to Little London Community Centre), Little London, Leeds, LS7 1SN: Tuesday 13 July to Friday 16 July from 10am to 3pm
- CATCH (adjacent to Hovingham Primary School), ARK, Hovingham Avenue, Leeds, LS8 3QY: Tuesday 20 July to Friday 23 July from 10am to 3pm
- Leeds Grand Mosque, 9 Woodsley Road, Leeds, LS6 1LN: Tuesday 27 July to Friday 30 July from 10am to 3pm
- The BAME Health & Wellbeing Hub (formerly known as the Fredrick Hurdle Centre), Reginald Terrace, Leeds, LS7 3EZ: Tuesday 3 August to Friday 6 August from 10am to 3pm