Staff at a Leeds doctors’ surgery say they are “delighted” healthcare inspectors have recognised their hard work to make improvements at the surgery.
Guiseley and Yeadon Medical Practice was put in special measures by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in August 2019 following concerns about staff records and communication. However, following further inspections in February and August 2020, inspectors now rate the practice as good in every aspect of patient care and leadership.
Inspectors found that
- Improvements had been made to all governance and leadership aspects of the practice. Staff felt supported and were happy in their roles.
- There were comprehensive and robust policies and procedures in place to support the running of the practice.
- The practice had improved the process for recording, investigating and learning from significant events and incidents.
- There were good processes in place for emergency equipment, medication and vaccine storage
- The practice had responded well to the challenges faced due to COVID-19, in order to keep staff and patients safe
Dr Lisa Beckwith, senior partner at the practice, said: “We are delighted that the practice has been rated as Good following the recent CQC inspection – reaffirming the high quality and safe patient care offered by our experienced team of clinicians, health professionals and support staff.
“The whole team has worked really hard in the most challenging circumstances to make significant improvements, so it’s very positive that this work has been recognised by the inspectors.
“We will continue to work with our patients and staff to provide the best service and care possible.”
Dr Simon Stockill, Medical Director of NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “I’d like to congratulate everyone at the practice for all their hard work in making such a significant improvement in such a short space of time under the most difficult of circumstances.”
“Every single surgery in Leeds is now rated as good or outstanding by the CQC. This is a great testament to the dedication of all GP practice staff and shows the commitment they have to providing the best possible care for their patients.”