Can I get involved in the work you do?

Absolutely. We are committed to involving patients, carers, clinical staff and the wider public in everything we do. There are lots of existing opportunities to get involved in the work we do such as having your patient experience story filmed, taking part in our surveys or consultations or joining our community involvement network.

See our get involved section to find out more. If you have an idea that you think we might not have thought of we’d be delighted to hear from you: leedsccg.comms@nhs.net or call the communications and engagement team on 0113 221 7777.

How can I raise a concern or complaint?

If a problem happens you can either speak to the person concerned or if you prefer contact the Patient Experience team who will listen to your concerns:

Telephone: 0113 221 7777 (Mon – Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm)
Email: leeds.complaints@nhs.net

The Patient Experience team can also provide confidential help, advice, information and guidance on all aspects of healthcare. Please note the Patient Experience team cannot provide medical advice.

Who do I contact if I want to raise a concern or comment on the care received from my GP?

Please contact the individual practice or NHS England, which is responsible for primary care services contracts (GPs, dentists, pharmacies and opticians). You can contact NHS England in the following ways:

How do you ensure that when you make decisions there are no conflicts of interest?

Our Register of Interests (Register) includes all interests declared by GP members and Governing Body Members of NHS Leeds West Clinical Commissioning Group (the CCG). If any discussions or decisions are being made that could lead to a conflict of interest the GP or Governing Body member(s) affected are duty bound to share this and they may be asked to leave the discussion at that point.

Where can I find out about any jobs you may have available?

All our jobs are advertised on NHS Jobs: www.jobs.nhs.uk.

Where do CCGs fit in within the wider NHS structure?

CCGs are responsible for commissioning to bulk of local healthcare services and are increasingly working with local authorities (your local council) to share resources so that we can provide more integrated care. This is particularly helpful to those people with long-term conditions who require both NHS care and local authority provided social care. However the NHS is about providing services as well as commissioning services. This diagram from the Department of Health provides an at a glance guide to the health and care system in England (from April 2013) including the roles played by regulatory bodies and national bodies such as NHS England.

What is a clinical commissioning group?

Clinical Commissioning Groups are groups of GPs, supported by other health and care professionals, that are responsible for designing local health services in England. You can find out more about what CCGs are and what we do in our About Us pages.

What does commissioning mean?

Commissioning is the term used in the public sector for planning and buying services. It is a structured way of deciding how public money should be spent. In the case of the NHS, commissioning relates to providing health services.