Looking after your mind is as important as looking after your body. It’s important that you get support if you’re feeling stressed, anxious, depressed or lonely. Sometimes it could be a case of just reaching out to someone you know and having a chat. We know that this doesn’t always work for everyone, so if you do feel like you need help remember there are services here to help you.
For adults (aged 18 years and above)
- 24 hour mental health helpline – anyone registered with a Leeds GP can call the helpline on 0800 183 0558.
- Connect – a survivor-led local helpline which offers emotional support and information to people in Leeds every night from 6pm-2am on 0808 800 1212. Connect also provides online support through instant chat for people – www.lslcs.org.uk. Connect specialises in working with people at risk of suicide and self-harm and those with complex mental health needs.
- Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service – anyone aged over 17 and registered with a Leeds GP can use online therapy courses and self-management tools which are available at any time day and night to help with a wide range of issues including stress and anxiety, mindfulness, depression and bereavement. Help is available immediately at https://leeds.omnitherapy.org/.
- Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s (LYPFT) Crisis Resolution Intensive Support Service (CRISS) team provides assessment and intensive support to adults 16-65 years who are experiencing a mental health crisis. It’s open 24/7, every day. If someone needs help urgently they should call 0800 183 1485.
For more information on other services that could help you as well as self-help techniques visit MindWell – the mental health website for people in Leeds.
For children and young people
- Kooth – free online counselling for 10-18 year olds.
- Mindmate Single Point of Access – support with emotional wellbeing and mental health for children and young people. Self-referral: young people 13-17 and parents/carers of 5-17 year olds, 0300 555 0324.
- Teen Connect – phone/text support for 11-18 year olds from Monday-Friday, 3.30pm-2am, Saturday and Sunday 6pm-2am. Phone 0808 800 1212 or text 07715 661559.
- Safe Zone – crisis support for 11-17 year olds, Monday, Thursday, and Sunday. Phone 0113 819 8189.
- The Market Place – phone support for 11-25 year olds. Same day appointments every day 11.30am-5.30pm. Call 0113 246 1659 or book next day support online.
For more information on other services that could help you as well as self-help techniques visit MindMate – the mental health website for children and young people in Leeds.
When lockdown is lifted, we know some people find it difficult to adjust to life after lockdown
Tips and resources that can help if you’re feeling worried about returning to every day life.
It might feel difficult getting started with a new routine, or back into your old routine but here are some top tips that might help.