Quitting smoking is the best thing you'll ever do, find out why now is the right time to quit.
- You will save money. Use the NHS Smokefree cost calculator to work out how much you could save. The average smoker has 13 cigarettes a day, which works out as 364 cigarettes a month. That’s £141 a month and £1,696 a year that you could be saving by not smoking.
- Your sense of taste will return and you will enjoy the taste of food more.
- Your breathing and general fitness will improve.
- The appearance of your skin and teeth will improve.
- You’ll be more confident in social situations because you won’t smell of stale smoke any more.
- Your fertility levels will improve, along with your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and baby.
For your family and friends
- You will protect the health of those around you by not exposing them to second-hand smoke, however careful you think you are being. Read the facts about second-hand smoke.
- You will reduce the chances of your children suffering from bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma attacks, meningitis and ear infections.
The above advice has been taken from NHS Smokefree; take your first step to a smokefree future.
Getting NHS support really works – It can be four times more successful than going it alone and it’s completely free of charge. Why not try it? You have nothing to lose.
Tel: 0800 169 4219
Stopping smoking is the single most helpful thing you can do to improve your health and the health of the people around you. Every year more and more people quit smoking, and enjoy the better health, wealth, lifestyle and life expectancy this can bring.
Visit One You Leeds for further information.