Do you want to make a big difference in your community? Become a COVID-19 Community Champion and help get trusted information about COVID-19 to your community
Leeds is looking for people who want to support their friends, family, neighbours, and community by sharing information and talking about Covid-19 and the vaccine in a way that helps people feel supported, make informed choices, and stay safe.
What will a Community Champion do?
- Receive regular updates on the latest COVID-19 guidance and vaccination information from trusted sources
- Support friends, family, and the wider community to remain informed and up to date on the latest information
- Engage with identified priority groups living in Leeds which include; people with disabilities, older people, younger people, and Black, Asian, and minority ethnic communities, to help people make informed decisions around keeping safe
- Feedback any local issues or concerns relating to COVID-19 and vaccinations
What support will I get?
- Full induction training
- Flexible volunteering commitment and reasonable expenses provided
- Access to COVID-19 resources including posters and videos in a variety of formats
- Regular virtual sessions with health professionals to discuss the latest advice, guidance and answer questions about COVID-19 and vaccinations
- A peer support network providing an opportunity to connect with other Community Champions
How do I sign up?
To find out more about the role and apply to become a Community Champion, visit the Be Collective page by clicking the link below:
You will be asked to sign up for the Be Collective platform with your basic details to apply. Once you have signed up it’s easier to apply to more roles, you can find and search for more volunteer opportunities here.
If you have any questions about the role or application process please email: CommunityChampions@leeds.gov.uk
COVID-19 Community Champions programme is supported by: Leeds City Council, NHS Leeds CCG, Hamara, Forum Central, Voluntary Action Leeds
Community Champions resource page