We are working collaboratively with the people and organisations of Leeds to transform community mental health services
01.01.22 – Please note that updates for this work can now be viewed on the MindWell website, click the button below to access
Brief description of project
The NHS Long Term Plan sets out a transformative vision for community-based support for adults and older adults living with moderate to severe mental illness and complex needs. We will be developing and testing new ways of offering mental health services and looking at how services work better together.
This will include creating integrated community mental health hubs that support health and wellbeing, and ensure people get the support they need when they need it. We will be piloting this in a few areas of Leeds this year before we expand further across the city.
You can find out more about this work by watching the video below from NHS England and NHS Improvement:
Who will we speak to?
This is the start of a three-year piece of work. It’s important that we collaborate with as many people as possible. We will ensure we build on the wealth of feedback and experience we already have. We want to work with service users and carers of mental health services, staff working in services, members of the public, and as well as third sector organisations.
What and how will we ask?
To start these conversations, we hosted two introductory briefing sessions online, via Zoom, where people could find out more about this work, share feedback, and learn how they can help shape community mental health services in Leeds.
There will be many more opportunities for you to get involved.
Introductory events – 9 and 14 July 2021
We held two introductory information sessions in July. The aim of these events was to:
- Tell people what this work is about: why we are doing it, the focus of the work, and what it will involve.
- Work with a range of people, including service users, carers, and members of the public to help design our approach, tell us what matters to them, and agree on our priorities.
- Discuss with you how we can work together to improve services.
What will we do?
The feedback from the introductory events will be used to help develop our wider involvement plan that we will use to ensure the service user and public voice is at the core of this work.
Following the introductory events, we began working with over 40 people with lived experience of mental health to help us develop our work in four different projects.
If you would like to read more information about this work please see the downloads section below.
If you have any questions about this work, please contact Annette Morris at email@example.com or call 0113 237 4508.
Some of the documents in this section may not be fully accessible as noted in our accessibility statement. Please get in touch if you need an accessible version.
If you would like to find out more about the wider programme of work for transforming community mental health services, we have included some useful links below:
- NHS England: https://www.england.nhs.uk/mental-health/adults/cmhs/
- Video from NHS England and NHS Improvement, outlining this work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-WxYcSBo8
- Webinar from the charity Rethink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1e0jLPEIB0
- A guide from the charity Rethink: https://www.rethink.org/aboutus/what-we-do/mental-health-service-provider/rethink-mental-illness-stp-guide/