An engagement project to gather the views and experiences of the Safe Haven GP Practice in Leeds.
Brief description of the project
Safe Haven GP practice is a service for patients in Leeds who have been asked to leave their own GP practice.
The contract for the service will expire on 30 September 2019 and the CCG is preparing to pay for a new service. We wanted to understand people’s experiences of the service and, where possible, use this to shape the way the service is provided in the future.
Who did we speak to?
All 38 patients who were registered at Safe Haven were given the opportunity to share their views on the service. We were also in contact with staff who work at Safe Haven and at other GP practices in Leeds; as they may refer patients to the Safe Haven service.
Groups and services that may support patients who use Safe Haven were also contacted. This included drug and alcohol services, mental health services, and homelessness organisations.
We received feedback from 21 people.
What and how did we ask?
People could fill in a survey online or via a paper copy. The survey was split into two parts:
- One part of the survey was to gather views of patients and carers.
- Another part of the survey was to gather views of staff who work at GP Practices or in organisations who support Safe Haven patients.
What did people tell us?
Some of the themes people told us were:
- People are satisfied with the care and support they had received.
- A need for closer working relationships between Safe Haven and organisations that support patients.
- More information available to staff on Safe Haven will be helpful in the future.
- Locating the service somewhere that is easy for patients to access was important.
- Video-calling facilities for appointments are of interest to patients.
You can read the full engagement report here:
Engagement report (1,891 KB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader
What did we do?
We will use the feedback to help shape the service specification for the new service.
You can view how we used the feedback from the engagement in our “You Said, We Did” document:
You said, we did (347 KB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader
If you have any questions about this engagement please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0113 843 5470.
Engagement plan (336 KB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader
Survey (801 KB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader