The aim of this engagement was to gather feedback about the cardiac (heart) and pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation programmes to help shape their future development.
Brief description of the project
The aim of this engagement was to gather feedback about existing cardiac (heart) and pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation programmes to help shape their future development.
Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programmes are provided by two separate services within Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust (LCH) – the Cardiac Service and the Respiratory Service.
Not all of our planned focus groups took place due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who did we speak to?
We spoke to:
- 106 patients, carers, staff and members of the public responded to the engagement, including:
- people who have attended the programme, including families and carers
- people who have decided not to attend the programme, including their families or carers.
- staff members from Leeds Community Healthcare, Active Leeds, Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust, and GP Practices.
- We also want to speak to members of the public including a range of targeted community groups such as; women, men and white British and Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities
- People with physical and mental health difficulties
What and how did we ask?
We carried out surveys and 1 focus group, and asked:
- People who have used the programme; what they liked and what could be done differently.
- People who decided not to attend; why they didn’t attend.
- Members of the public; if they were referred to the programme, what would encourage them to attend.
- Staff members; how we could develop the programmes.
What did people tell us?
- Their experiences were mostly positive.
- The programmes helped improve patients’ confidence and well-being.
- Regular meetings provided space to socialise and offer peer support to attendees.
- People told us that waiting times, accessing, and transport to, the venues and scheduled sessions could be difficult; they may be a barrier to attending
You can read our full engagement report below:
Engagement Report (2MB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader
What did we do?
- Sessions have been moved online, using apps, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Patients receive phone calls and post cards with information sent out to them.
- We are setting up a working group to support the recommendations.
- Collecting data and patient feedback from the new virtual model due to the pandemic
If you would like more information on what we are doing, please see our ‘You said, We did’s‘
To get in touch about this engagement, please contact the engagement team on 0113 843 5470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Engagement Plan (710KB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programme Survey (209KB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader
Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme Survey (202KB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader
Development Workshop, December 2019
We hosted a workshop in December 2019 to co-design a vision for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services in Leeds for the next five years.
Development Workshop Slides (1MB)In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader