This engagement's aim is to help shape the future development of cardiac (heart) and pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation programmes.
Brief description of the project
The aim of this engagement was to gather feedback about the cardiac (heart) and pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation programmes to help shape their future development. We are doing this because of local and national strategies.
- NHS Long Term Plan
- Leeds Health and Wellbeing strategies.
Who did we speak to?
We wanted to speak to:
- people who have attended the programme, including families and carers
- people who have decided not to attend the programme, including their families or carers.
- staff members from Leeds Community Healthcare, Active Leeds, Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust, and GP Practices.
- We also want to speak to members of the public including a range of targeted community groups such as; women, men and white British and Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities
- People with physical and mental health difficulties
What and how did we ask?
We asked people:
- who have used the programme, what they liked and what could be done differently.
- who decided not to attend, why they decided not to attend.
- members of the public, if they were referred to the programme, what would encourage them to attend.
- staff members, how we could develop the programmes.
We wanted to hear from people via two surveys, one for cardiac (heart) and one for pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation programmes.
We also held focus groups to target key communities. The focus group were run by Voluntary Action Leeds. You can see the dates and locations of the focus groups in the table below.
Please note, that due to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we had to cancel a number of these focus groups. People who who were planning on attending these focus groups but were unable had the opportunity to talk through this engagement with someone and give us their feedback via email or telephone.
|Sunday 1 March 2020||7pm – 9pm||Hamara Centre, Tempest Rd, Leeds LS11 6RD|
|Thursday 19 March 2020 – CANCELLED||12pm – 2pm||BARCA Leeds, 259 Upper Town Street, Bramley, Leeds, LS13 3JT|
|Monday 23 March 2020 – CANCELLED||2pm – 3pm||Leeds Refugee Forum,
One Community Centre, Cromwell Street Lincoln Green, Leeds LS9 7SG
|Tuesday 24 March 2020 – CANCELLED||12pm – 1pm||St. Richard’s Church Hall, Ramshead Hill, Seacroft, Leeds LS14 1BX|
|Friday 27 March 2020 – CANCELLED||11am – 12pm||Shantona, Shepherds Ln, Harehills, Leeds LS8 5AW|
|Tuesday 31 March 2020 – CANCELLED||1pm – 3pm||Trust Life Care (TLC), Suite 2.6, Morwick Hall,
Mortec Office Park, York Road, Leeds, LS15 4TA
What did people tell us?
Now the engagement has ended we are in the process of writing up the feedback into a report which will be published here from May 2020.
What will we do?
We will follow up on our engagement report by creating some ‘You Said, We Did’s’ which will be available from June 2020.