Working with practices, PPGs and the PPG Network, we are building a library of tools and resources to help groups across the city.
The following resources can support people in their Patient Participation Groups (PPGs):
In 2020, we worked alongside PPG members, primary care staff, and Primary Care Networks (PCNs) to co-produce a PPG Toolkit.
The toolkit is a collection of resources, hints, and tips for GP practices and their PPGs. It is a freely available digital resource with a number of templates that can be tailored to each practice. We have made these templates available below as Word documents so you can customise them to suit your practice.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for a future version of the toolkit, please get in touch on 0113 843 5470 or email email@example.com
- “Join a PPG” Poster – a template you can use to promote your PPG in your practice reception area or wherever you can display posters.
- PPG Terms of Reference – a template to give PPGs a guide as to what their scope and limitations are.
- Ground Rules – an example of ground rules that can be used within a PPG, more can be added as needed.
- Virtual Ground Rules – an example of ground rules that can be used within a PPG for virtual meetings, more can be added as needed.
- Meeting Agenda – an example of an agenda for a PPG meeting.
- First Meeting Agenda – an example of an agenda for your first meeting as a PPG
- Attendee Register – a blank template so you can log attendees at your meetings.
- Code of Conduct – a template you may want to use in your PPG for what is expected of its members.
- How are we doing checklist – this document allows PPGs to rate how effective their group is being and what they could do to improve.
- Action Plan – a template that PPGs can use to log their ongoing actions.
- Induction pack – a template of information you can give to new members of your PPG when they join.
- PPG Leaflet – a short leaflet detailing what a PPG is, why they are important, and how you can get involved. This leaflet is editable so you can customise for your group.
- Growing patient participation – a step-by-step guide to setting up a patient participation group in a GP practice.
- Developing meaningful Patient Participation Groups – a session that was delivered at a primary care locality development session in Leeds.
- How are we doing checklist (PDF) – this document allows PPGs to rate how effective their group is being and what they could do to improve.
The following links may be of interest for ideas, tools or resources:
- National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP)
- Public Health England – Campaign Resource Centre – you can request resource packs if you want to support a Public Health England campaign
- National Institute Health Research – You can find out how your local PPG can get involved in local health research
Patient Involvement Toolkit
This is an older toolkit, by the NHS in Leeds, from 2011. It will help you involve patients and carers for your patient participation group: