Working with practices, PPGs and the PPG Network, we are building a library of tools and resources to help groups across the city.
The following resources can support people in their Patient Participation Groups (PPGs):
- PPG Leaflet – a short leaflet detailing what a PPG is, why they are important, and how you can get involved.
- Growing patient participation – a step-by-step guide to setting up a patient participation group in a GP practice.
- Patient Participation Group – Terms of Reference – a template to give PPGs a guide as to what their scope and limitations are.
- Patient Participation Group – Ground Rules – an example of ground rules that can be used within a PPG, more can be added as needed.
- Developing meaningful Patient Participation Groups – a session that was delivered at a primary care locality development session in Leeds.
- Patient Participation Group – Action Plan – a template that PPGs can use to log their ongoing actions.
- PPGs – How are we doing checklist (Word, editable) – this document allows PPGs to rate how effective their group is being and what they could do to improve.
- PPGs – How are we doing checklist (PDF) – this document allows PPGs to rate how effective their group is being and what they could do to improve.
The following links may be of interest for ideas, tools or resources:
- National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP)
- Public Health England – Campaign Resource Centre – you can request resource packs if you want to support a Public Health England campaign
- National Institute Health Research – You can find out how your local PPG can get involved in local health research
Patient Involvement Toolkit
This is an older toolkit, by the NHS in Leeds, from 2011. It will help you involve patients and carers for your patient participation group: