The West Yorkshire Resilience Forum (WYRF) was established under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 (CCA). The Forum has released its annual report for 2014/15.
The aim of the West Yorkshire Resilience Forum is to co-ordinate the actions and arrangements between responding services in the area to provide the most effective and efficient response to civil emergencies when they occur.
The Forum is co-chaired by Assistant Chief Constable Mark Milsom ( West Yorks Police), Assistant Chief Officer Dave Walton (West Yorks Fire) and Cheif Executive Tom Riordan (Leeds City Council). There are numerous partner organisations involved in the Forum including:
- Bradford Metropolitan Council
- British Transport Police
- Calderdale Council
- Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG)
- Environment Agency
- Kirklees Metroplitan Council
- Leeds City Council
- The Highways Agency
- The Met Office
- The NHS
- Wakefield Metropolitan District Council
- West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
- West Yorkshire Police Service
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- The Rail Industry
- Utilities Companies
Numerous members of the Voluntary Sector.