Walk-to COVID-19 testing centre – 28 May 2020
A new Covid-19 walk-to testing facility has opened for people living within walking distance of the Bridge Street Community Centre, Rider Street, in the LS9 7BQ postcode area of Leeds. The centre is open to everyone in the area who is Covid symptomatic, lives within walking distance of the site and does not have access to a car.
Tests are only available by pre-booking. A public information leaflet.
People who have access to a car and require a test should not use this service but can register for a test at the drive through facility (Temple Green) at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by telephoning 119.
Arrangements for booking a test for essential workers – 18 May 2020
From Thursday 21 May, the CCG will no longer be booking tests for colleagues across the health and care system in Leeds including primary care
- Essential Workers and members of their household who have symptoms should continue to register for a test through the Self-Referral and Employer Portals on gov.uk.
- Care Homes in England can continue to register for delivery of tests for all their staff and residents, whether or not they have symptoms: https://www.gov.uk/apply-coronavirus-test-care-home
Arrangements for booking a test for members of the public
Everyone in England, Scotland, Wales* and Northern Ireland who is showing coronavirus symptoms is eligible to book a swab test to find out if they have the virus. To book a test:
- People can register for a test at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus, after checking their symptoms.
- New 119 telephone service. Those in England and Wales who do not have any access to the internet, or who have difficulty with the digital portals, will be able to ring a new 119 service to book their test.
* Those in Wales will be able to book a home-test only on the UK Government portal
West Yorkshire and Harrogate testing programme
Across West Yorkshire and Harrogate we have been scaling up our efforts to boost testing capacity for coronavirus to protect the vulnerable, support keyworkers, relevant household members and people over 65 years old via the national test sites. Information about eligible groups.
Thousands of tests are being made available at the National West Yorkshire centres at the Temple Green drive-through in Leeds, Bradford University car park, Horton Road; and four satellites services at Halifax, Huddersfield, Keighley and Wakefield. Most sites are open seven days a week and it’s important we use the capacity available to ensure as many people are tested as possible.
Test results from a testing site will be sent out by text within 48hrs, and within 72hrs of collection of the home delivery tests. The number of tests is additional to the current facilities with NHS laboratories in our local hospitals.
Working with Public Health England, the Care Quality Commission and the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services, the government is sending packages of ‘satellite’ test kits directly to care homes across England, to enable testing of symptomatic residents.
COVID-19 testing: AccuRX patient message
Following an increase in patient requests for tests at a local GP practice, a colleague has developed this message on AccuRx that you may want to use too.
“Please follow the link below (updated daily by the UK Government) to identify who is eligible for Covid-19 testing (this provides a link for those eligible to self-refer). GP surgeries do not have testing facilities ourselves and do not refer patients directly for those tests – please see the link below. www.nhs.uk/coronavirus”