During the pandemic, healthcare staff have worked under extreme pressure and outside their usual scope of practise. Many will have been faced with ethical dilemmas such as balancing their own physical and mental health needs with those of patients, how to balance caring for large numbers of unwell patients with limitations on resources, also how to balance caring duties for family with the duty to provide patient care.
NHS People have created a set of resources specifically for staff. These include self-help guides, apps and helplines. Please visit people.nhs.uk/ for details.
Staff can also access other national and local resources:
- MindWell – the mental health resource for Leeds, including information on services and how people can look after their own mental wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Leeds Mental Wellbeing Service online video courses – covering stress and anxiety, mindfulness, understanding self-esteem, panic attacks, managing stress in parenthood, depression, bereavement and postnatal depression
- NHS resources on mental health and wellbeing
- Self-help books recommended by the NHS for common mental health problems like anxiety and depression
- Public Health England Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of COVID-19.
- All staff can get a free NHS Mind Plan from Every Mind Matters.