Communications resources for GP practices to help support you share information with your patients.
This page includes
- Text for GP practice websites (or you may also want to use the poster)
- Social media messages with images for Twitter or Facebook
If you need any additional materials please contact the CCG’s communications team on 0113 84 35529 or Leedsccg.firstname.lastname@example.org
All the materials have been signed off by NHS England and NHS improvement
Text for practice websites
Important update on referrals for anyone registered with a Leeds GP practice
As part of our response to protect the health of our patients and our staff, we’ve all had to make difficult decisions to suspend some services. In addition any existing planned appointments may either be cancelled, take place over the telephone or by video consultation.
This means we’re unable to refer for the following hospital services and all waiting lists are now closed.
- Outpatient appointments
- Diagnostic tests for most conditions – we’ll let you know if there’s any tests that still need to be carried out
- Cancer services – referrals will continue however urgent appointments will initially involve a telephone call and people will be advised by a healthcare professional on what will happen next
- Non-urgent sight impairment issues – we’ll continue to provide support for urgent issues
If you have an existing appointment, someone will contact you to confirm what happens next.
We’re still here for you in an emergency.
Your GP and our practice staff are doing their best to work for you during extremely challenging times. We ask for your patience and understanding as well as your support for all our colleagues working in the NHS. Please be kind to our staff working extremely hard to care for you.
Social media message and graphics
Important update on referrals for anyone registered with a Leeds GP practice. As part of our response to protect the health of our patients and our staff, we’ve all had to make difficult decisions to suspend some services. Please see our website for more information [your web address here]